Sunday, July 27, 2008

Fuppes take 2

Well, the ipkg version of fuppes for unslung doesn't have virtual foldes (so I can put songs/artists/albums into subfolders -- say ABC,DEF,etc). And it crashes processing my images. And so, the adventure began to upgrade to the latest from SVN.

It installs and runs...but a lot of the secondary elements were not enabled. Translation, no music (m4a files) on the PS3. So I had to install another 10+ packages and figure out how to use ./configure. I think I finally have LAME and FAAD2 enabled. Rebuilding one last time.

If that does not work, I'm going to convert the files to mp3s.

And there is a crash in nanosleep. Caused by the console loop but most likely caused by running out of memory. In the meantime, I now have firefly (itunes server), ushare, mediatomb, nethack, gdb, and more installed on the little machine that could. It is empowering to be able to build your own applications. But the promise of "ipkg install fuppes" and a few configuration changes is not the case.

The downside is that it really was that easy on the Windows box.

No comments: